The EZ Deposit is a convenient way to make a deposit to your campus ID before the start of a semester so you have funds readily available to purchase textbooks, course materials and other items needed for the semester. The amount chosen $250, $500 or both is then billed to your bursar account where it may be paid with financial aid (Title IV form must be signed), scholarships, grants, 529 funds or any method of payment accepted by the Bursar Office. The amount selected is then placed on yourcampus ID and available to use anywhereit is accepted approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of classes.
The Jagtag EZ Deposit option is available for students in the Optional Fees section when registering for classes and on the one.iu.edu site by searching 'View/Edit Optional Selections'. It is also available on the Jagtag website approximately 6 prior to the start of a semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is EZ Deposit?
- How much can I deposit to my campus ID using the EZ Deposit option?
- How can I take advantage of the EZ Deposit option?
- Where can I use the EZ Deposit funds?
- Are there any requirements to using the EZ Deposit?
- Will unused funds rollover to the next semester?
- Does this mean I can bill my textbooks to my bursar account?
- Is there anything I should tell the cashier when using the EZ Deposit money?
- What if I use the EZ Deposit option and decide later I don't want it. Can I get a refund?
EZ Deposit is a convenient way to make a deposit to your campus ID before the start of a semester so you have funds readily available to purchase textbooks, course materials and other items needed for the semester. The EZ Deposit is then billed to the bursar where it may be paid with financial aid (Title IV form must be signed), scholarships, grants, 529 funds or any method of payment accepted by the Bursar Office.
You can deposit $250, $500 or both for a total of $750.
How can I take advantage of the EZ Deposit option? The EZ Deposit option is available in the "Optional Services" section when registering for classes. Simply select the desired amount $250, $500 or both. The selected amount will be billed to the bursar and placed on your campus ID approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Students can also opt-in and/or edit their EZ Deposit selection via the one.iu.edu website by searching 'View/Edit Optional Selections'.
Where can I use the EZ Deposit funds?
EZ Deposit funds can be used at your own discretion anywhere our campus ID is accepted as payment.
Yes, there are three requirements:
- Students must be registered or in the process of registering for classes for the upcoming semester.
- If using Financial Aid to pay for the EZ Deposit a Title IV form must be signed. This form allows financial aid to cover the cost of the EZ Deposit.
- The EZ Deposit portion on the bursar must be paid within 21 days from the start of classes. If not paid, the EZ Deposit funds will be removed from the campus ID and any EZ Deposit funds that have been used must to be paid back through the Bursar Office. Student's accounts that still have pending financial aid or personal deferments will not be affected.
Yes! EZ Deposit funds rollover semester to semester, year to year.
No, but it does mean you can bill a substantial campus ID deposit to your bursar which you can then to use to purchase textbooks, supplies and more.
No. Simply hand the cashier your campus ID and the payment will be processed automatically using the EZ Deposit funds.
Absolutely! If you have paid the EZ Deposit amount on your Bursar account a refund can be processed for any unused EZ Deposit balance. Send an email from your University email account with your name, University ID# and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University will refund the balance of your EZ Deposit in the form of a check, less a $15 service charge. Refunds usually require 10-14 days for processing.